My pal Heather sent me a great recipe for sushi that nearly anyone will eat. I know what you might be thinking: Not me, I’ll never eat raw fish. I’ve had that thought, too, but I love this sushi!
Here’s the recipe:
Swedish Fish/Rice Crispy Sushi Treats
- 1 package Swedish fish
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10.5 oz.) package of marshmallows
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 box fruit by the foot (blue or green)
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine butter and marshmallows. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth.
2. Remove from the oven and stir in the cereal.
3. Working with the mixture while it is still warm, shape into small ovals in the palm of your hand. It helps to put a little butter on your hands before working with it.
4. Cut strips of fruit by the foot to fit around each ball. Place one Swedish fish on each ball and wrap fruit strip around it. Let cool and serve!
As the chef, I, of course, had to sample the product, for quality assurance purposes. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!